HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR Fishermans Flea Market or Show
Presence is EVERYTHING!
People need to be able to find your show info. Nothing is more crucial than getting the show info "Out There". So...where is out there, you ask?
Traditional Newspaper Advertisement
- This should be done at least 2-3 months PRIOR to the event, with another maybe 2 weeks prior, to allow for folks to add your event to their schedule.
- If you can get your local paper to run a small article about your event, even better!
- If there is a local radio show related to fishing, see if you can get them to do a blurb about your fleamarket.
- Larger shows should consider paid advertising.
PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!
There should be something online detailing time, admission, location, items on the venue menu, etc.
This can be linked to, to promote your event elsewhere in the Internet, such as on other websites and in active forums.
- At minimum, you should have a Facebook page for your event, if nothing else. This is relatively simple to do, even for someone new to the internet. You establish a facebook account for the manager, then "Create Page" and follow the steps. https://www.facebook.com/about/pages.
- This is FREE. There is only cost if you "Promote" the page within Facebook or want to post paid for advertisements there.
- Recommendation! When you create a page, you name it as well as create a facebook link for it. Keep the facebook link SIMPLE.
For Example: Our Facebook page is named "Scott's Bait & Tackle, Mystic Island, NJ". The link name is "scottsbt". If we were putting this in an advertisement, we would list it as https://www.facebook.com/scottsbt. Keeping it simple makes it easier for someone to type. The same applies to our website name being http://www.scottsbt.com.
- If you have been holding this event annually for 2 or more years, it is time to consider buying a domain name and setting up a permanent site for it that can be linked to from anywhere on the Internet that you wish to promote it. The same thing applies to an active organization...you really should have a site online if you aren't already, and you can advertise within your own website!
Fill the fleamarket site with plenty of info. You want people to want to come to YOUR event. Give them reasons to!
- Show Date(s) and Time(s).
- Admission price. Make sure to note if it's free for children below a certain age. Many use 12 or under.
- List Venue and the address.
- Include map and/or detailed directions.
- Contact name, phone number and email are essential.
- Include info for Vendors
- And...most importantly, provide info about what they will find at your event: Anything being offered for free, food and drink availability, music, seminars, list of vendors, mini-events, etc.
You cannot just throw the info online and expect folks to find you. You have to spread it around. The more places you can post it, the better!
- Find active forums related to what your event is about. Fishing forums, etc. Find the section where they allow postings for events or advertisements. Ask someone in the forum if you are not sure where to put the posting.
- Again, newspaper advertisements. Include website or facebook link if you have one.
- Ask related websites, like ours, to post the info if they have a spot for such things.
- FILL OUT OUR FORM HERE: http://www.scottsbt.com/forms/sbt_fleamkt_form.php to have a posting in OUR fleamarket and show listings.
Back to Fleamarkets & Shows